Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hearts & Garages

So this past week has been fun for me.  It started off with an exciting time in the garage on Monday night.  I decided it was time to clean it up!  I figured since there was a small path from the back door to the garage door out to the cars in the driveway (not in the garage), that we needed more room in there.  I think that it is deep down because of the fact that the crib we bought on Craigslist was in the middle of the garage in pieces and that there was no room to put the guest room furniture in there.  Babies make you all organized and responsible, at least they get me to clean my garage so I can start to transition from having a 3 bedroom with one as an office to a 1 bedroom, 1 office and one toy/changing/baby clothes and not an actual room that a baby sleeps in room.

So yeah, I installed a pegboard that organized the garage very nicely as well as two more big plastic shelves that stored lots and lots.  I FINALLY threw away the entertainment center that I bought my sophomore year of college in my apartment.  It was just housing random tools and garage things and leaning and falling apart.  I was proud of it though.  I bought it let's see...6 years ago, it's been through 5-6 moves and I bought it for $70 from Wal-Mart.  I thought it was time to set it free and let the trash people take it.  So needless to say, the crib is nicely leaning against the wall in the garage, there is room for the bed from the guest room and the dresser and the floor is clean and BOTH cars are in it as well!  I'm so happy.

So that was Monday and Tuesday and then also on Tuesday as well as today, I had some fun with visits to the cardiologist.  I've had random chest pain and history of heart junk in my family and my heart rate used to be super fast for some reason.  Everything on Tuesday turned out fine.  I had to give blood that morning and today I had to leave work and go get an echocardiogram.  The tech said that I have a heart murmur but that was kind of normal.  The doctor will check all the numbers and things that the tech recorded and he'll get back to me about them.  I'm pretty sure everything is fine, just random pain from something in my chest region.

Oh, and Victoria is doing fine.  The sickness has been pretty constant.  As you can probably imagine, if there is no food in her tummy, there is no smile on her face!  That's when the nausea is the worst.  So I've had the joy of getting bedtime snacks almost every night after we're all tucked in and the lights are out.  I usually here a timid "..baby...i'm hungy..." (there is no 'r' in hungry on purpose...that's how it sounds).  So I've been fighting my flesh to say something harsh like "you know you get da' gum hungry every dang night, why don't you think to get something for yourself before you come in the bedroom?"  But, then I remember that she's super tired...it's just a vicious cycle that I am not used to.  Anywho, my love just walked in the door from Ben Taub Surgery ICU so I'm going to go say hello to her.  Peace!

~Jody

No comments: